Monday, November 12, 2007

Nearing 25

The past few weeks have been such a blur. Thesis preparation, deliberations, final papers and projects, work on the side, moving houses, packing and decorating, saying goodbye, getting rid of junk, crying over drama, meeting up with friends, dinner parties, visiting friends, researching for business, lazy weekends, dazed days... So many things have happened, so much stuff have come and gone and miraculously my head is still right in place. Whew!

I'm turning a year older in less than a month. For some reason, I always get sick on my birthday haha But I have a strong feeling that's not gonna happen this year. My life has on cruise mode for the past weeks. Not too fast, not too slow. Just steady. It makes me a bit anxious, but I'm more excited at the prospect of what the new year will bring.

I can feel that all our dreams are just beyond our grasp. It's just a matter of playing our cards right until then.

I think that this past year I have learned to know and accept who I am. Through the decisions I've made, through the experiences I've had, through the kind of life I choose to live, I think I have become the person I want to be.

I read that a girl becomes a woman at the 25. Well, I think it's about time.

In a few months, my life will finally take off unto the direction that it was always meant to be. So for now, I must learn to take things slowly and enjoy the remaining time before the strong, wild, welcome storm! Life us going to be swell, I just know it.