Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Confession

Okay, so I watched part of "The Secret" on YouTube and these are the points that spoke to me: (yes, nagnotes ako hahaha)

- Like attracts like
- You are a magnet
- You become what you think about most
- Thoughts become things
- Hold on to that thought you want
- Create
- Take things to heart
- Attract positive people. Attract positive things.
- Affirmative thoughts are hundreds of times more powerful than negative thoughts
- Be aware of your thoughts
- Choose thoughts carefully


I think that the production of the video is WAY over the top. The sound effects, the editing, the life situation reenacments, the author/creator's discovery of The Secret spiel, the 'emanating force field' did not appeal to me. It had marketing mumbojumbo written all over it. Actually, I was cringing the whole time, but I decided to focus on the words instead of the gaudiness of it all.

So, I've decided to be positive from now on so I can finish my thesis. Let's see how this goes.