Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Down in China Town

I attended the Clothing Exchange in the city today.

This was the dodgy alley I had to walk through to get to the Croft Institute.

It certainly was an alley. Complete with garbage bins, dark corners, back entrances to who knows where, and graffitied walls.



I was beyond relieved that at the entrance to the alley, there was a woman standing with her sweet mum, wondering if indeed we had the right directions. The three of us clung to our bags and braved the unfamiliar territory.



Croft Institute was at the very, very end. It's a super cool bar which has a medical facility theme.




I actually got a good deal out of the whole event. I paid $12 for the ticket, but drank a $16 Cosmopolitan! Mahalia ang cocktails!

The actual event was held on the top floor. Needless to say, there were lots of women geared to scoop up whatever caught their fancy.
I think I went home with a pretty good loot. I'll take photos of them tomorrow.