Sunday, August 10, 2008

Flowers for my Godfather

Today, I made a flower arrangement for my godfather's wake. He was 56.

I apologized to my Tita for not visiting them sooner. It's been a month since I got back from Australia, but I didn't take the chance to visit my godfather even though I heard that he was already struggling. Maybe, at the back of my mind, I didn't want to accept that the inevitable just might happen. My aunt said, "It's ok. I didn't want you to see him anyway. Bad memories. I just thought that we'd be able to have him for much longer."

I am thankful that Tito Andoy has been a part of my life.
I am thankful that he is no longer suffering.
I am thankful that he was a fun, happy person.
I am thankful that he has been a great friend to my dad and that he has genuine love for our family.
I am very, very thankful.

Thank you, Tito Andoy. I'm pretty sure you're already enjoying an ice cold beer in the great beyond.