Sunday, August 9, 2009

At This Moment...

I am thankful for the blessings slowly trickling into our lives.

I pray that I may have the strength to be patient and tolerant, and have the ability to filter out negative vibes from people who way too cynical and "pa-diff". I suddenly feel tired of trying to understand people and their radical way of thinking. To exert the slightest amount of effort is such a burden. So, I'd rather just like to let go of that.

I pray that I find a happy job that would fit me.

I pray for health, for peace of mind, for sustenance.

The past months has been quite a rollercoaster ride. So much comings and goings on that at some point everything was just too much to bear.

- Found out I had a medical condition that really dampened my spirits. This still has yet to be resolved.
- Got a job. Resigned from that job after 3 months, after realizing that I was meant for something more worthy. My body basically told me to give up the lost cause.
- Mingled more with other people. Enjoyed after-work drinks with my closest college friends. Had to give that up when I resigned. Reconnected with my Miriam friends over Wednesday dinners and dessert fests.
- The latest big blow was when Cory Aquino died. My only clear memory of the EDSA Revolution was going to a chapel near home to pray the rosary while helicopters noisily hovered overhead. But still, when the news about Cory's death broke, I was glued to the tv for all the news about the wake, the funeral march, and the burial. It's such a sad, sad loss for the Philippines.
- But the best new development is that Mike and I are finally Makati-bound. We found the perfect condo for us.

At times, I still can't help but feel tired and drained. But I am thankful. I am thankful. I am thankful.

I am looking forward for things to become more peachy.