Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sad loss for Philippine Cinema

How I wish I didn't have to write this, but I just want to get this off my chest.

I was literally about to go out the door when I received news from my 2bu! friend Tammy: 2BU friends, former correspondent Alexis Tioseco and his girlfriend Nika Bohnic were murdered last night. Please pray for their families in Canada and Slovenia. Philippine Cinema lost a great duo and we have lost a good colleague. Justice for Alexis and Nika!

I cried. On my way to the office, I cried for them.

We were never introduced, but I knew who Alexis was. He was a big (if not, biggest) supporter of Philippine Cinema.

I couldn't believe it was true. I just saw him at the Silent Film Fest last week!

I remember that I sobbed reading through his letter to Nika in Rogue.

Such a great loss!

May you Rest in Peace, Alexis and Nika.
I know you will make beautiful movies in heaven.