Thursday, September 17, 2009

Treading forward

Yesterday, I received shocking news about a friend's best friend dying at gun point. My heart sank as I thought 'Oh no, not again." I cried for my friend as he mourned another fallen brother.

Last week, I cried with a friend as she lost her mother. I felt helpless as I knew there was nothing I could do to lessen her pain. I'm glad that I took the time to visit Tita at the hospital. Even though she was hooked up to so many machines, she smiled when I walked through the door.

Oh, and Patrick Swayze died too.

I wonder how they'll all interact since they're all newbies in heaven. That was the only light, quite comical thought I could weave into the happenings of the past weeks.

I also haven't been feeling well lately. My friend said that I probably need to hug a tree to release some of the negative energy I've been absorbing.

I woke up this morning and the first thing I saw was beautiful blue skies and clusters of white spiffy clouds. I made a silent prayer and trusted God and the Universe to make everything be ok.

I know everything will be ok.